Book of Spells, Part 2

Alright, says Jaison taking a long breath.
"This story begins deep in the Amazon Rainforest which lies a city now laid to waste. It’s the ruins once belonging to an ancient civilisation that relied on death for substance".
"Wait, wait, wait," says Trisha with forceful confusion. "What does this have to do with camping?""Well, nothing honestly. I simply thought it was a cool concept".
"I'd rather read it myself" replied Noel bored.
"Yeah, yeah me too!" says Brad excited. "I like the feel of the soft pages as they glaze along my fingers," says Brad as he gives Noel the hairy eye.
"I don't know about this" replies the quite one Jerry. "This sounds an awful lot like Agatha Christine's And Then There Were None".
"No, no, no," says Jaison. "Well yeah; in a way, it is like And Then There Were None. Also, the only copy is in my head. I plan I giving you all a copy when I am finished".
"I knew it!" says Jerry. "I love that story. Go on-".
"Alright, where was I? Right, now I remember. Damn it, I missed the off ramp. Does anybody have GPS?"
Noel rolls her eyes as she pulls out her smartphone and hands it to Jaison. He punches in the coordinates at the next red light. Pulling a U-turn, the passengers sit quietly waiting for the next update.
"Alright, so this ancient civilisation was made up of dark practitioners of the magical arts. The high priests of their infamous cult had built a violent reputation. They were notorious for their cruelty and were deeply into demonic worship. Legend has it that this lost cult had obtained the ability to summon powerful evil spirits upon the very earth". Does anybody need to use the restroom? Next stop is 75 miles".
Jerry raises his hand. Jaison pulls over into the rest area. The cargo file out one by like clowns. Jaison laughs as he patiently waits for the group to come back. He notices the Black SUV pull up behind him but takes little notice. The group returns with snacks. Noel tosses Jaison a bag of Chocolate covered peanuts.
"Hey, my favourite! You remembered". Noel gives him a naughty look and smiles. Brad's pride slightly wounded. "Well, remarks Jaison looking at the van full of precious cargo. "It thought only Jerry had to go". Noel forced out a small laugh as the others sat in awkward silence.
"So, where was I?" asks Jaison as he starts up the van. "Oh, yes; hidden deep within the belly of the ruins is a spell book that’s been buried for centuries. According to local legend, the cover is bound in the leather of its virgin victims & written in an obscure language using human blood".
"Ewwe Gross" replies Trisha. Jaison backs up and heads back onto the interstate. The Black SUV slowly creeping on behind it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strange Dream

Book of Spells, Part 4

Occult Indoctrination