Fishing for some Bad Ideas

Did I ever tell you that my grandmother's been deathly afraid of water since she was a little girl? Her aunt once told her that a psychic predicted someone in the family would die from drowning. It reminds me of the time I almost drowned. I was swimming with some friends at the nearby lake when I started cramping up. I was so out of shape that I ended up coughing up water when we got to land. I thought about that psychic's prediction that day.

The ocean terrifies me. The idea of swimming in the chaotic waters with its animal attacks or strong tides isn't for everyone. People wonder out in the ocean and never come back. Ever seen the movie, The Perfect Storm? One moment, the oceans calm and bountiful. Then the storm of the century hits and George Clooney's swept under the sea by a huge rogue wave.Did you know the ocean floor has methane gas pockets that can cause a ship to sink to the bottom like pebbles?

Did you know the ocean floor has methane gas pockets that can cause a ship to sink to the bottom like pebbles? I had a dream where I was on a plane flying over the ocean. It was smooth sailing until we started dropping in mid-air. I could feel it when we hit the water. My whole body launched itself in the air as the feeling of cold black water colliding with my face woke me from my sleep.

However, that is not even the worst of my water dreams. I dream I'm taken out to the deepest parts of the ocean in a ship. An anchor is tied around my leg as I'm thrown into the water. I can feel the water enter my lungs. I can hardly breathe. I am suffocating to death. Sometimes my body collapses from the pressure of the weight of the ocean. Other times, massive jaws rip me apart on the way down. Sea beasts giant razor sharp teeth biting down. I bleed out as other predators gather around to devour my body.

The only thing in common in all these dreams is that I stare up until the last glimmer of light fades away. That's when I wake up covered in sweat and gasping for air. I feel as if I had just been pulled out of the water. Ah, I pissed myself! "Oh, that reminds me. A buddy of mines wants to get drunk and go deep sea fishing in open waters and, I can invite one friend, wanna come?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strange Dream

Book of Spells, Part 4

My Bumper sticker says to Coexist